Monday, February 20, 2012

Banana Chamomile Smoothie (updated recipe)


I previously posted a recipe for a Banana Chamomile Morning Smoothie.  It's a favorite of mine and one that I've been making on a regular basis for about a year now.  Over time, however, I've made some modifications to it that have made it more flavorful and much creamier so I thought it was time to post an update.  Plus I have better pictures now.

As with all my smoothies, this recipe makes enough to share.  However, because I eat breakfast so early in the day and don't always have time for a snack before lunch, I drink the whole thing myself.  If you don't want the whole thing and no one wants to share, just make half.

Banana Chamomile Smoothie

Ingredients:

1 cup strong chamomile tea, cold (I steep overnight in the fridge with two tea bags)
1 cup almond milk (I use unsweetened vanilla)
3 tbsp. old-fashioned oats
2 tbsp. protein powder (optional; I use Life's Basics Unsweetened Vanilla)
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. agave

3 frozen bananas, broken into chunks
1 cup ice cubes

Directions:  

1. Combine tea, almond milk, oats, protein powder, cinnamon, and agave in blender.  (I use a VitaMix.)  Give a quick whir to blend up the oats.

2. Add the bananas and ice and blend until smooth.  

Makes 1-2 servings.


 

2 comments:

  1. That really sounds so comforting, but power-packed at the same time. What a perfect snack for a stressful, busy day!

    ReplyDelete